Selected definitions (Oxford online dictionary):
sanity: The ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner.
The practical aspect of Step Two
2. Have you ever experienced this form of sanity? If not: change restore us to sanity to introduce us to sanity.
4. Have you seen this sanity in others in Al-Anon?
5. How did they get 'from A to B' (how they were when they came to Al-Anon vs how they are now)?
6. Can you do what they did?
7. Is there any reason to believe that you will not be successful as they have been?
The spiritual aspect of Step Two
2. Are any negative characteristics associated with this Higher Power? Can you drop these negative characteristics? What positive characteristics can you substitute in your concept of this Power?
3. Have you ever received direction or strength from a Higher Power? What forms has this taken? What forms could this take (based on what others describe)?
4. Have you experienced 'faith' (= belief without proof) in other areas? Can you have faith that what has worked for others will work for you—and follow through with action?
5. What are the limitations to faith—what should we not trust that the Higher Power will do?
6. What would 'letting go and letting God' (or a Higher Power) mean in your life?
7. If you do not make a decision in Step Three to turn your will and life over to this Higher Power, what will be the result?