“politicians and reformers who are sure all would be Utopia if the rest of the world would only behave” (Page 62, Big Book)
Should I try to change the world? I have no answer for anyone else, but I have an answer for me.
If the world is going wrong, it is because people in it are following self will not God’s will.
The world is the play not the theatre. People are real but are identified with their roles, which are a fiction.
A real person can’t interact with one of the roles in the play. The role will mistake you for another role, trapped in the play. No real communication is possible.
All I can do is take actions that could result in others waking up, realising they’re an actor, not their role, and that the Great Playwright’s will is to be sought.
Others might well have considerable power and influence in the world, on its own terms. One is never told others’ path. I know I’ve burned away that path for me, and a new one has opened up.