The past and the present

When I'm unhappy about the past, I'm having a thrilling time.

No one is forcing me to think about the past. I am doing it to myself!

Why? Because it feels good to wallow.

I could be in the present, enjoying it, or being bored in it, or feeling empty in it, but, no, hey! look! Look at how I suffered! Look at what they did to me!

Nothing like being the hero of the fantasy drama.

There's no hero in the present. There's no me at all. There's only reality, quietly humming along. No room for even a cameo role. As soon as I'm aware of myself, even in the present, I'm not in the present, I'm in me: I've become my own little universe.

Sure, do the Steps, get it down (on paper) and then out (to another person and God), go and apologise and pay the money back.

But then, back to the present, the present, the present, the present. And the present.