Feel-y, think-y, do-y

That was the order. Feel-y, think-y, do-y.

The do-y was all out of whack, apparently because of the feel-y and think-y. The feel-y would come first, and then I'd do think-y, and then I'd do do-y.

"You have a problem with the do-y?

Well, you shouldn't, because it's because of the think-y, and that's because of the feel-y.

And I can't help the feel-y, because the feel-y is what it is. It's a phenomenon.

So get off my back.

Exhibit A?

I'm not really a person. I'm an electrochemical meat product. I'm downstream, experiencing the effects of all the things upstream. The past. Wiring. You.

You want to change my do-y, buster? You'll have to change the past (which you can't). Or my wiring (which you can't). Or you (which you won't). So you'll have to put up with it, see?"

Clancy talks about us thinking we're the tree that's grown all twisted.

Some people say we're always recovering. (We might be but we needn't be.)

Broken. Special. To be taken account of. To be worked around. A vulnerable group (about as vulnerable as Don Juan, Til Eulenspiegel, Alberich, Hagen, Herodias, Salomé, Archimago, Duessa, if you've ever read or heard a Step Five).

I wasn't vulnerable. I was a tornado roaring my way through the lives of others.

I needed to snip the ribbon connecting the feel-y from the think-y and the think-y from the do-y.

I learned: I can change the do-y regardless of the feel-y and regardless of the think-y.

I can also change the think-y regardless of the feel-y.

And I could change-y the do-y and think-y without figuring out who or what spoiled the kitchen. Just clean up the mess, Sylvia.

When I changed the do-y, the think-y and the feel-y changed. When I changed the think-y, the feel-y changed still more.

The history could stay in the history books. Never mind the musty past (Bill's Story). It’s water over the dam. (Chapter Six).

Instead: May you find Him now (Chapter Five).

Clancy would say you've got your oar upside down. Turn it the right way up and row.