Unmanageability from an Al-Anon perspective

An unmanageable life is not a manifestation of some eternal, metaphysical truth. It is the consequence of my own incompetence.

If my life is unmanageable, that's my fault, not God's, not genetics, not biology, not my star sign, not political, social, economic, or historical forces, not my ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or other label, not conspiracies, not ideologies, not my past, and not even the alcoholic.

The programme is about taking back control of my life under the direction and guidance of God.

I'm supposed to be in charge with delegated authority. This means that the orders come from above but the work is mine. Order out of chaos. Function out of dysfunction.

God won't do my laundry, go to work, answer my phone calls, write my letters, learn my arithmetic, decline my nouns, conjugate my verbs, plant my turnips, or brush my teeth.