The tyranny of upset. AHA!

I was triggered by a thousand things. Upset by a thousand things. I would express my upset in a thousand ways. In my belief, everyone else had to change or stifle themselves in order for me not to be triggered. The most upset person in the room, I became the tyrant. I started to see people tensing up when I walked in the room, because they knew they were now 'on parade'. My litany of upsets became the basis for the rulebook by which others had to live for us all to be OK. The purported victim (me) was actually the persecutor, the bully.

Very occasionally, it's my moral duty to contribute to collective change. In situations where I have legitimate authority, I can, to some extent, call the shots. In every other case, the change I must seek is within myself. If I'm not easy to be around, I'm the problem, not other people.

I'm not the Wizard of Oz. I'm not the Authority. I'm not the Captain of Knowing Things. I'm not the Moral Arbiter. I'm not the Great Seer. I'm not the Grand Poobah.

What does the programme suggest as the underlying principles? Anonymity. Humility. Acceptance. AHA!