Step Four: adjustment to the method

For years, I've been 'expanding' the third column of the resentment inventory (the bit where we say what is affected: pride, self-esteem, personal relations, etc.) with supplementary questions, to really maximise the benefit and learn how it's my Little Plans and Designs in the seven areas of self that are the root cause of my resentments.

As an alternative to asking those questions at that point, it's possible, of course, to simply state which areas are affected at this point, and to leave the investigation of what is behind those seven areas of self (what I'm after: self-seeking; what I'm avoiding: fear) until the page 67 questions, on self-seeking and fear.

There are now folders of worksheets that incorporate this. If you want to wait until page 67 to ask these questions (which is more in line with the actual Big Book), then you might find these useful:

HTML versions

Markdown versions

PDF versions