Perception

When they talked of a God personal to me, who was love, superhuman strength and direction, I became irritated and my mind snapped shut against such a theory. (Big Book)

... if you decide that you now know all the truth, and that you could not be mistaken ... (Emmet Fox)

I ask God to make me willing to see clearly my everyday experiences, to sharpen my perception of how much there is to enjoy, even in ordinary things and happenings. Let me be receptive. (ODAT, January 12)

When I feel gloomy, discouraged, dejected, it is necessarily on the basis of my perceptions.

In other words, I have set myself up as the authority on perceiving, the Captain of Knowing Things.

How did I pick me?

Why not, instead, pick God, and what God wants me to see and believe and think?

When I ask God for a positive, constructive, hopeful view, I am given one.