MMOB

From ODAT March 23:


To attend to my own business means not to attend to other people's.

WAIT = Why Am I Thinking? (about other people) / Why Am I Talking? (about other people)

A great exercise I've tried to is to prohibit myself from talking or even thinking about them for a day. Every time I catch myself, I stop and bring myself back to my business and what God wants me to do, right here, right now.

When I practise this, I pretty soon find out that there's plenty to deal with in my own life, practically, and in my experience of that life.

This is why we have the slogan LET IT BEGIN WITH ME.

When I share or someone asks me how my day or week was, and I start it with, 'My mother ...', 'My alcoholic ...', 'My qualifier ...', 'My motivator ...', 'My husband ...', 'My boss ...', 'My client ...', or indeed anything about someone else, I've already become my own problem: I'm deflecting responsibility for my own life and my own emotions onto someone else. They're the perpetrator; I'm the victim.

Instead, there's the right here, the right now, the task at hand, and God.