Emotions and morality

Emotions inform me of right and wrong in four ways. I will be prompted if the moral code has been breached. That might be the internal and universal moral code or that which I have adopted from society or one part thereof. I will be prompted if self-interest in one or more of the seven areas of self is defeated or threatened. The fourth way is this: whatever faults of mine I cannot face because I cannot overcome them myself and refuse to surrender them to God, I will perceive (either directly or indirectly, either identically or modified form) in others. Fifthly, I will be dulled in my perception of wrong where I am justifying wrong to myself. I will co-sign for others what I sign off for myself.

Thus, my innate, God-given sense of right and wrong is modified and corrupted in up to four different ways. Unless these corruptions are eradicated, my morality will be skewed.

Before I adopted a traditional belief system, I created one out of an unholy mixture of native instinct, ambition, grievance, anxiety, in-group loyalties, and unprocessed neuroses. Whilst God was not sought, and His revealed will, such as it could be discerned, was not being obeyed, false gods were concocted or construed. All failed. Without God as Judge and Final Arbiter, I became the self-righteous, terrorising public prosecutor, policeman, judge, jury, and executioner. These dynamics I see reflected in society as a whole.

Today, I have a code. I have a relationship with God. I know what my relationship with God is. And my mind has shut up.