What's fear?

God says:

"Trust Me. Your circumstances might or might not be to your liking; things might or might not be easy. But you're going to be OK. Your identity as My child is established for eternity. Your value is infinite. Your purpose is known to Me only but will be fulfilled if you do as I say. There is nothing to worry about. Just do My will today as best as you can discern it, and enjoy the ride. I will give you everything you need to handle each situation that arises, practically and emotionally, and all the direction you need to discharge your duties as you should. All is well."

At that point, I'm given a choice. I can say:

"Okey, dokey. That's settled. Phew! Marvellous! Everything is being taken care of! I have no problems! God has taken them from me! I'm glad that's settled! I can get on with the day now, without a care in the world, with absolute confidence I am being looked after and all is well in the here and the hereafter."

Or I can say:

"No. You're wrong. I'm right. I'm the Captain of Knowing Things. There are lots of things going on in my life and the world I don't like, or that might go on that I might not like, and I cannot settle down until I've fixed them or until I have absolutely certainty such things cannot and will not happen. I'm going to fix, change, control, fret, worry, and brood, because, in doing so, I will be pursuing my goal of ensuring my happiness and security in the real world, down here, the only place there is. So, thanks but no thanks, I've got it from here".

... and then I proceed to worry.

Worry, fear, anxiety, depression all stem from making the wrong choice.

Fear is the arrogant assertion that I am right and God is wrong.