The water slide

Physical craving:

At the water park, at the top of the water slide, once I let go, I'm going to start sliding.
 
There's nothing to hold onto, so I will slide all the way down.
 
There are sometimes razor blades embedded in the wall of the slide.
 
There are alligators in the water.
 
Some further points:
 
The slide could be a short or a long slide. The length of the slide is neither here nor there.
 
Just because, this time, there are no razor blades and I don't get cut up does not mean I was in control.
 
Just because the alligators are presently napping does not mean I was not insane to let go at the top.
 
Mental obsession:
 
Even though I'm cut up and chomped-on:

Climbing the ladder back to the top of the slide, positioning myself, and letting go.
 
If I resist, security steps in to 'accompany me' to the top of the slide.
 
Progression:
 
Each time I enter the slide, the rush of water easing the descent is ampler and swifter.
 
More and more, bigger and bigger razor blades are embedded in the wall of the slide.

The alligators are growing.

They're also getting bolder and hungrier.
 
Fatality:
 
A hundred razor blades. One strategically placed razor blade. Or one particularly hungry alligator.
 
Powerlessness:
 
I have no choice but to climb to the top of the slide.
 
I have no choice but to let go at the top.
 
There is nothing I can do to stop the descent.
 
Unmanageability
 
I'm not in charge: my impulses, security, the design of the water park, and gravity are in charge.
 
Incurability:
 
The set-up is not changing.

The slide design is not changing.

There will always be razor blades.
 
The alligators are not going anywhere.
 
Gravity is not going to be suspended.
 
Security are always watching.

Round and round I go.
 
The moment of grace:
 
The Boss steps in and accompanies me out of the water park.

The solution:

The Twelve Steps keep me out of the water park.

There is no such thing as a safe slip:

If I go back into the water park, I might not leave, at least not in one piece.