The Very Busy Man

Once Upon a Time, there was a Very Busy Man. He was Very Busy, because he was Very Important, and everything depended on him. He was constantly tired and stressed, but that was simply the price of being Very Important and Very Busy.

Eventually, it all became too much, so he went to God and presented his woes.

God: You silly boy. You've been doing My job. You've been trying to run the whole show, you've been trusting in your own wisdom, and you've been relying on your own strength, but these are not enough. You are very small, and the universe is very big. Turn your will and your life over to Me. Pass the entire burden to Me, and I will give you back one task to do at a time, that is all. I will never give you any more than you can handle. Trust me.

The Very Busy Man: I don't think you heard me right. I'm Very Busy. And on top of all of the things I have to do, you now want me to turn my will and life over to You? When am I supposed to find time for that?