The king & his children

Once a king had many children. He sat on his throne, and each child misbehaved in its own way. There was Addiction, Alcoholism, Romance Addiction, Greed, Vanity. He engaged a different nanny to look after each one, one from each of the fellowships. He had so many nannies! If only the children would all behave at once, he could get on with the business of being the king and getting his own way.

* * *

The problem lies within, not without. I don't need many bunches of steps and programmes. I need one, because there's only one problem, and that's me, my pride, my selfishness, and my self-centeredness.

I go to God and say, 'I'm royally f#£$ed. I give up. Can I please serve you instead of self?' And then you gradually become a hollowed-out, invisible servant of God. There is nothing there any more. Just peace, awareness, and service.