When I'm asked to share, I share

I go to a lot of meetings. If I have the opportunity to share, I share. If I am asked to share, I share.

The two to five minutes I am given to share in are, by far, the most important minutes of the day.

They are an opportunity to invoke God's inspiration, direction, and strength to demonstrate to others what God has done, is doing, and will do in my life, through the channel of the AA and Al-Anon programmes.

It does not matter if I do not feel I have anything to share. In fact, the less I feel I have to share, the more vital it is for me to share, because the more desperately I need to activate God's power in my life, and being asked to share is God's direct and clear intervention in my life.

I ask God to direct my thinking and then my words. I tell the truth and let God take it from there.

I actively access everything I have ever learned to find something, anything to give.

The Creator of the universe, acting through the chair of the meeting, is literally inviting me to actuate the most powerful force in the universe, to work through me, to help anything between a dozen and a hundred people.

To receive, I must give. If I refuse to give, I am condemning myself to the sickening prison of self.

Passing is ringing my own death knell.

The two-to-five minute share is the precise answer to the precise prayer, and I reject this opportunity at my peril.