A simple literature-based meeting format

[This meeting format can be used with any fellowship and any literature.]

Welcome, everyone. My name's ... and I'm ...

Could we please have a moment's silence to remember why we're here and the still-suffering ... both in and out of the rooms?

I've asked ... to read the preamble.

The format of this meeting is as follows:

We will read through ... and share our experience on how we identify with the description of the problem and the description of the solution.

We go round the room clockwise. Each person reads the next paragraph and shares for up to two minutes on that paragraph. If the reader does not wish to share, they can pass by saying 'pass'. Anyone else who wishes to share on that paragraph may do so, for up to two minutes, by raising their hand, and I will call on them. You may share more than once but be mindful of others: share and share alike.

... has agreed to be our timekeeper and will say 'time' when someone has been sharing for two minutes.

I've asked ... to start the reading.

That's all the time we have, I'm afraid.

Would you please join me in the Serenity Prayer to close our meeting. God ...