Troubles

My troubles are of my own making.

Situations are only partly of my own making.

But even situations are largely of my own making.

I could live anywhere, do anything, be with anyone. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, whoever I'm with: in almost every case, these states of affairs require my activation, participation, and consent.

But even beyond that:

My trouble is really my disturbance at the situation.

Or my trouble is my indecision about the situation.

There is an answer to those:

Disturbance comes from resistance to reality, because I'm holding my plans for reality in my mind. I am 100% responsible for having plans for reality. I am 100% responsible for dropping them. We're given will for a reason, and the reason is so that we can exercise that will. Once I will to side with My Amigo rather than my ego, the full force of the universe is activated to support that will, but the will is mine and mine alone.

In cases of indecision, I can examine the situation, bring my knowledge and experience and the principles of the programme to bear, consult with others, and have the whole process guided by God.

I might find the indicated action disagreeable, and there may be residual uncertainty, but these needn't concern me.

There is no need to detour into the what-ifs of the past or future.

'If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.'

Rather, my job is to deal with the reality as it presents itself and deal with it. Period.