Why, oh why, oh why?

There is usually little point in asking others why they do what they do, outside the scope of sponsorship relationships. They rarely have the inclination to examine their real motivations, and even more rarely are inclined to disclose their findings. I need to acknowledge the facts as they present themselves. But I must allow others their internal worlds, and not attempt to pry up the floorboards in their houses. Instead, I work with what is, and let the chips fall where they may. My turn; their turn; my turn; their turn. Pause. Take in. Reflect. Pray. Respond.

What is my job? To ask three questions of the Higher Power:

- Where shall I go?
- What shall I do?
- What shall I say, to whom?

What's more pertinent is why I react the way I react.

What am I frightened of losing?
What am I frightened of not getting?
What do I want?
Why?
What will that fix?

If I can see the absurdity of the answers, I can rest back into the depths, and usually little or nothing need be said or done.