Fixing it

Sometimes, when something's broken, I fix it, and I fix it, until it's really broken. (Anonymous)
Instead of just letting go, abandoning all ideas, notions, conceptions, plans, schemes, plots, perceptions, interpretations, stories, narratives, thoughts, behaviour patterns, gripes, plights, explanations, justifications, defences, and aggressions, and quietly allowing God to heal me and guide me through the day, I have tried every form of self-help and human help: books on codependency, the inner child, and psychological drama, professionals of various hues, thinking, writing, and talking about me, me, me, me, me, trying to fix the brokenness with the brokenness, recruiting anyone I could find who saw the same ghosts as me, to do something about the ghosts.

The answer was to drop all childish notions and allow God in to run everything. What did I get? Salvation and strength.