Step Four: twenty-one questions

Step Four has twenty-one questions. That’s it. Even some of those overlap.
 
This is how it breaks down when I do it out of the Big Book (page 63 to 71).

First of all, let's colour-code the parts:

Resentment inventory
Page 67 questions
Fear inventory
Sex inventory

Now let's look at the detail:

1. Who do I resent?
2. Why? (= What did they (fail to) say or do?)
3. Which areas of self did this affect (personal / sex relations [how others treat me], pocketbooks [money], security [needs], ambitions [wants], and pride / self-esteem [image])?

4. What were my mistakes?
5. Where have I been selfish,
6. … dishonest,
7. … self-seeking,
8. … and frightened?
9. Where was I to blame?
10. What are my faults (character defects)?
11. What are my wrongs (harms to others)?

12. What are my fears?
 
In intimate relationships:
 
13. Where have I been selfish,
14. … dishonest,
15. … inconsiderate?
16. Whom have I hurt?
17. Have I unjustifiably aroused jealousy,
18. … suspicion,
19. or bitterness?
20. Where have I been at fault?
21. What should I have done instead?

Notes:

13.–20. duplicate 4.–11. If questions 4.–11. are answered fully, 13.–20. will not reveal new information. 21. does yield additional information, however.
 
12. simply collates 8. in one place.
 
3. can be used to guide 7.:
 
Personal / sex relations: What script am I giving them?
Pocketbooks / security / ambitions: What outcomes am I after, which are under threat?
Pride / self-esteem: How do (I think) they see me? How do I want them to see me? How do I see myself? How do I want to see myself?