But I have no amends to make!

I suppose it's technically possible to go through life acting perfectly in every situation, never putting a foot wrong, never ruffling feathers, never causing upset, never causing a problem. I'm certainly not that person, and I've never met that person.

The idea that someone in AA or another Twelve-Step fellowship fits this bill is, well, preposterous.

For Step Nine to have no content, Step Eight would have to have no content. For Step Eight to have no content, Step Four would have to have no content.

In other words, the following would have to be true:

In my relations with others, I have never made a mistake, I have never been selfish, dishonest, or self-seeking, I have never been to blame, I have no character defects, and I have never affected anyone negatively.

In my intimate relationships, I have never been selfish, dishonest, or inconsiderate, I have never hurt anyone, I have never unjustifiably aroused jealousy, suspicion, or dishonesty, I have never been at fault, and there was never anything I should have done instead.

If those are true, my hat is off to you. If not, you've got some work to do.