Boom bang-a-bang

Lulu's 1969 Eurovision winner 'Boom Bang-A-Bang' seems to have such lovely lyrics:

Come closer, come closer and listen
The beat of my heart keeps on missing
I notice it most when were kissing
Come closer and love me tonight
That's right
Come closer and cuddle me tight

My heart goes
Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang
When you are near
Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang
Loud in my ear
Pounding away, pounding away
Won't you be mine?
Boom bang-a-bang-bang all the time

The desperation for intimacy ('come closer, come closer') is a trap. You're held responsible for their cardiac arrhythmia ('the beat of my heart keeps on missing'), for their life-threatening dysfunction. When you get close enough, what happens? Explosion: 'BOOM!' 'BANG!' The violence is overwhelming ('loud in my ear'); relentless ('pounding away, pounding away'); and unending ('all the time').

When someone invites you to come closer, come closer, and listen, beware. Even better: run.