I hate my sponsor!

 ... is something I used to say a lot. Partly because I got through quite a number of them.

Here's how it went. My sponsor would identify my 'sacred cow' (the false idol, false dependency, false belief, or destructive pattern I was relying on) and would call me out. I would be enraged. I would then find someone else to support my resistance, and off I'd go to find a new sponsor, saying, 'Dodged a bullet there!' Thing is, the same bullet would keep coming back again and again, injuring me again and again, until I learned to catch it in my teeth.

***

[Character 1] Richard. I've got Dennis on the phone, and he heard the same thing I heard.
[Character 2] Well, one wrong man can always find a friend.

The Gilmore Girls

***

Almost none of us liked the self-searching, the levelling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living it. (Page 25, Big Book)