Validation. Waste of time.

Monday:
What's the capital of Sweden?
Stockholm.

Tuesday:
What's the capital of Sweden?
It's still the capital of Stockholm.

Wednesday:
What's the capital of Sweden?
Are you kidding me?

* * * * *

Monday:
Do you love me / Do you like me / Am I good at my job?
Yes.

Tuesday:
Do you love me / Do you like me / Am I good at my job?
Still yes.

Wednesday:
Do you love me / Do you like me / Am I good at my job?
Are you kidding me?

* * * * *

I've had validation before that I'm a child of God, a fundamentally good person, lovable, loved, etc.

If I'm looking for it again, it means I've thrown away the previous validation as invalid but then am looking for exactly the same validation to replace it.

If the previous validation was invalid or has faded, what's the point in repeating the exercise? If the validation didn't successfully validate, then validation does not work. It's particularly nonsensical to go to a person whose previous validation I now mistrust to look for a repetition of the validation. It's a waste of time them giving it to me, because I will simply discount it.

It's like asking someone for money, not actually spending it to buy something of value, throwing the money away, and asking for more.

'A slotted spoon doesn't hold much soup' ('Into The Woods').

In Germany, you have to validate your bus or train tickets, which turns them into bus or train tickets for a particular journey. You have to validate each ticket only once.

Let's try something else. I get to choose once and for all to recognise the truth.

I'm a child of God, a fundamentally good person, lovable, loved. The matter is now closed. Repeating a settled truth does not hurt, and might be helpful for reinforcement, but revising, reminding, reaffirming, and reinforcing is different then reinventing from scratch. Once the truth has been recognised, I can let it be, rather than discarding it and re-seeking it repeatedly. Once is enough. Forever.

'The slotted spoon CAN catch the potato' ('Into The Woods')