Decision-making

In an untreated state, my decision-making department is broken. It wants things that will kill me, and I won't spot that. I'll just go and get what I want, and it will kill me, and I will think I'm doing what I want. I'm not doing what I want. I'm doing what my broken wanting department wants. Big difference.

Recovery:

Disengage the decision-making department. Put faith and trust for decision-making in the four Ps: the programme, the principles, the people, and the Power, and in the meantime overhaul the decision-making department with the Steps.

Ultimately, the decision-making department, once it has been healed, can come back online. But even then, it is now programmed to run in accordance with the four Ps, so any future 'wanting malfunction' will not take me to a drink, because the system will override the malfunction.