Constitutionally incapable

What does this mean?

'Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves.'

To get well, I had to do a number of things:

First, I had to admit that I had a terrible problem. A problem I was unwilling to continue living with. With many situations, I have blinded myself to the failure of my plan because I was attached to the plan.

Second, I had to admit that I was the reason I had a terrible problem. I can stay stuck for even longer because I blame the failure of the plan on others, on bad luck, on circumstances, or on trivial bugs in the system.

When I admit I have a terrible problem, and I am the reason, I can set aside my perceptions and my plan and ask for new perceptions and a new plan. Because I have set them aside, I have created a space, and there is somewhere for the perceptions and plan to land.