Ego narratives

Here are some fun ego pastimes to engage in. They can be engaged in alone or with others. They can even be used to build a share at a meeting.

- Blaming circumstances for my experience of them
- Blaming psychic states on non-causal factors, e.g. the weather or Mercury
- Blaming situations when I myself chose and cultivated them
- Identifying what is wrong in others' words and deeds to no good purpose
- Expressing disappointment, frustration, and exasperation concerning others
- Building cases against others
- Plotting and justifying punishment or control
- Berating myself unfairly
- Failing to identify legitimate points of correction
- Protesting my innocence, virtue, or good intentions
- Taking actions that affect others but expecting them not to be affected
- Taking offence when they are affected and say so
- Expecting from others a flexibility I do not myself display
- Expecting from others an understanding I do not reciprocate
- Expecting from others equanimity in the face of setback
- Responding to my own setbacks with pique, hysteria or gloom.