Why I'm not interested in micro-dosing etc.

Lots of people seem interested in microdosing, to create or enhance spiritual experiences.

Whatever

But

For meeeeee [New York nasal whine]

I'm not interested.

This is for three reasons. Two come from doctors.

Firstly, Dr Paul O talked about the fallacy of 'better living through chemistry' and the difficulty of solving a living problem using a chemical: it does not help you solve the living problem without the chemical and in fact makes you less able to solve the problem without the chemical in the future.

Secondly, I have a tiny little tendency to become slightly preoccupied with any chemical that changes how I see things or feel. So my 'rights' have been withdrawn, because I abused them (cf. Dr Bob).

Thirdly, to me, a spiritual experience is chiefly about waking up to taking responsibility for myself, others, and more broadly the biosphere. The people I trust have taught me that spirituality is about kindness, love, labour, and self-sacrifice for a greater good, not about kicks or insights.