Depressing and anxious thoughts

I used to be depressed and anxious.

I was depressed and anxious because I thought depressing and anxious thoughts (hereinafter: bad thoughts) ...

... and then believed them.

Rather: bad thoughts thought themselves at me, and then I believed them.

I did not know that thinking and believing bad thoughts made me feel bad.

I thought it was the world, my circumstances, you, me, my past, my genes, or whatever..

I was wrong!

In meditation I have learned to:
- Reject the bad thought at the point of entry
- This is like not answering the door when someone knocks
- Substitute a non-bad, i.e. good and true and right thought
- Concentrate on that good and true and right thought
- That then blocks out the sound of the knocking
- And the good and true and right thought starts to strike me as good and true and right ...
... because it is.

Here is one: 'Everything is OK'.