But am I really willing?

I can sometimes attempt to judge my willingness based on the intentions of my higher self. In reality, however, willingness is tested by the actions I take. Having a willingness problem is fine—we all have one, as willingness lies along a spectrum—but unless the willingness problem is solved, the (in)action problem won't be solved either.

Here are some tell-tale signs of a concealed willingness problem:

- Thinking I'm too busy for something
- Blaming circumstances or other people for why I haven't done something
- Specifically, blaming:
    - Lack of sleep or problems with sleep
    - My phone running out of juice
    - Lack of signal
    - Lack of Wi-Fi
    - Alarms not going off / sleeping through alarms
    - Forgetfulness / the action 'slipping my mind'
    - 'Dropping the ball'
    - Emotions (fear, pride, etc.)
    - Public transport, machinery, or other equipment or devices
    - Someone else's intervention
    - Tasks taking longer than anticipated (who did the anticipating?)
    - 'Time running away with me'
    - Lack of discipline (did I ever fail to drink or use because I was undisciplined?)
    - Habit
    - Genetics
- When challenged, feeling attacked, and ...
    - defending myself
    - justifying myself
    - explaining why I did not do something
    - arguing
    - citing things 'beyond my control' as reasons
    - denying
    - lying to myself
    - lying to others
    - affirming my good intentions
    - changing the subject
    - shifting the focus
    - refusing to talk
    - turning the tables
    - pleading ignorance ('I didn't know ...' / 'I didn't realise ...')
- Coming up with a second (third, fourth, fifth) line of defence when the first line is successfully challenged
- Doing the minimum to get by rather than doing the job properly
- Superficially taking the action but without substance (being present without being present)
- Taking action only when someone is watching or checking up
- Taking action only when there is an accountability system in place
- Taking action only when I am in distress

These are uncomfortable questions for me!