Right thought and action

I can only ever have two problems: How I'm looking at things and what I'm doing.

If I'm not looking at things right, the frame of reference for right action is absent.

That's why looking at things right, which means as they are, without denial, fabrication, or spin, is the prerequisite for right action.

Before I can act right, I have to see right.

Once I'm seeing right, I can ask how to act right.

What is right action? Action that is for the good for all. Tradition I says that common welfare comes first, with personal welfare a close second. Personal welfare is second because personal welfare requires that common welfare be upheld first. It is the framework within which personal welfare can be guaranteed. Once common welfare is taken care of, personal welfare, which is already largely ensured by ensuring the common welfare, can receive some attention.

So, with any question, big or small, I can ask: how can I work for the common welfare?