How not to drown

In recovery, I'm in a lifeboat. The primary concern is therefore to maintain the integrity of the lifeboat. Gossip, carping, and pulling others down shoots holes in the side of the lifeboat.

If there is something I don't like in my home group, I can propose a change at a group conscience meeting then gracefully accept the outcome. But not to make a habit of this. Usually, much could be changed but very little needs to be changed.

If there is someone I don't like in my home group, they're probably showing me something about me. I can learn from this. If I were somewhere else, there's be someone else.

If I find I cannot stay positive within a group, I leave. If I go to a different group and the problem is solved, great! If I'm still negative: it's not the group, it's me.