Etch A Sketch

There are various children's drawing devices where you can draw on a surface and then simply wipe everything and start again.

When things get super complicated, entangled, and confused, I do an Etch A Sketch wipe on myself.

I spend an hour, a day, or maybe several days retreating deep within myself to where my Higher Power is and simply letting myself be. I perform the tasks I have to perform and refrain from any unnecessary contact with others. I avoid the media and social media. I opt for having no opinion on any matters whatsoever. I seek only to be wholly connected with God and wholly invested in the Next Right Action.

When I come out of that condition, I have a new space between me and the crazy internal and external landscapes, a No Man's Land. I have created a pause space. I now no longer need to engage if I don't want to.