Attack thoughts

Attack thoughts can be thoughts of attacking others or thoughts of being attacked.

The latter appears more noble: other people are terrible aggressors and I'm the victim!

However, both are lethal: whether I'm the attacker or the victim, the entire scenario is taking place inside my own mind, and both the attacker and victim are in my mind. I have my ego, and I create an ego for others, and the battle is between your ego and my ego, in my mind and in my mind only.

When a battle is waging in a city, it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, who is the aggressor and who is the victim: the city suffers the same either way. Mortars and shells are mortars and shells. There are no good or bad mortars and shells. They destroy the fabric of the city in the same way.

The only real winner is the arms' manufacturer, namely the ego.

The only answer is to give up all attack and all notion of being attacked.