A useful way to set yourself up for the day

Nothing real can be threatened. 
Nothing unreal exists. 
Herein lies the peace of God. (ACIM)

As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action. We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day 'Thy will be done.' (Big Book, page 87)

When I think I've got a problem, I'm wrong. My Higher Power's got a problem. And He has a pretty good track record of solving problems. All I have to do is ask Him to what to do. (Dr Paul O)

If trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence. (Big Book, page 133)

We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, 'This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done.' (Big Book, page 67)

We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be. (Big Book, page 68)
(A suggestion: pray to be brave, cheerful, and hopeful)

Ask [God] very specifically:
Where would you have me go?
What would you have me do?
What would you have me say, to whom? (ACIM)

Faith has to work twenty-four hours a day in and through us, or we perish. (Big Book, page 16)

Both saw that they must keep spiritually active. One day they called up the head nurse of a local hospital. They explained their need and inquired if she had a first-class alcoholic prospect. (Big Book, page 156)

For if an alcoholic failed to perfect and enlarge his spiritual life through work and self-sacrifice for others, he could not survive the certain trials and low spots ahead. ... I was not too well at the time, and was plagued by waves of self-pity and resentment. This sometimes nearly drove me back to drink, but I soon found that when all other measures failed, work with another alcoholic would save the day. Many times I have gone to my old hospital in despair. On talking to a man there, I would be amazingly lifted up and set on my feet. (Big Book, page 16)

If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)