"We consider our plans for the day"

Page 86 suggests: we consider our plans for the day, as part of the Step Eleven meditation.

There are lots of great meditative practices outside the scope of the AA programme but suggested by it ('There are many helpful books also. Suggestions about these may be obtained from one’s priest, minister, or rabbi. Be quick to see where religious people are right. Make use of what they offer.') But the meat and potatoes of the morning meditation is asking God what God wants me to do today.

Where would you have me go?
What would you have me do?
What would you have me say, to whom?

I then construct a list, and plough through the list. Many of the items on the list I won't want to do. I don't relish making phone calls, performing laborious or tedious physical chores, or chasing people to do things I need them to do. But I do these things because I've agreed to in Step Three.

It's hard to turn around an entire life, but it's relatively straightforward to turn around the day: ask God what to do, and do it, whatever I feel about it. If I do that consistently, my life itself turns around, all by itself.

What's your experience of seeking God's will in the morning?