Quick or slow?

Home-owner: Is this Middle Of The Road Roofing?

Roofer: Sure is, Bud! What can I do ya for?

Home-owner: My beams have rotted, and the roof has caved in; the cold and rain are ruining everything inside. I'm freezing and soaked. Can you repair it?

Roofer: Easy Does It, Tiger! Your beams didn't rot overnight; they're not going to be repaired overnight. It will take years. In fact, your roof will never be fully repaired. We'll always be repairing it. People who think they've repaired their roof won't take care of it. So, to ensure you always take care of it, we're going to make sure it's never really repaired, and water will always be coming in. That way, Middle Of The Road Roofing can become your day-in, day-out service provider. Gonna have to call me daily, Pal! I mean, I've been roofing for 30 years, and I still call my roofer every day!

Home-owner: But I'm freezing and soaked.

Roofer: Let Time Take Time. You need to honour those feelings of being freezing and soaked.

Home-owner: Honour them?

Roofer: Yes.

Home-owner: How do I do that?

Roofer: Sit with those feelings. Share about them. You've gotta stop pretending you're OK when you're not. We're all freezing and soaked. You're not alone.

Home-owner: I've got this sneaky feeling you don't actually know how to repair roofs.

Roofer: I've got this sneaky feeling you're not willing to Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny. When you're willing to do this my way, we can talk. Take care, Champ!


Moral: Find someone with a real solution, and take the Steps quickly.