Q: How do I have a good day?

Introduction

I make no decisions by myself. This is a fact. My mind is running either the ego app or the God app. I can accept, reject, run with, and interact with my thoughts, but I can't create them. I am the operator, not the hardware, not the software.

If I don't deliberately pick the God app, the ego app will load automatically. I have to have a guide. The question is only: which one?

The basic procedure

First thing in the morning, I pick the God app.

I recognise: I want peace, and nothing else. Peace is what I will have if I run the God app.

If I go to God for what to believe, think, and do, this is the day I will have.

I ask:

Where would you have me go?
What would you have me do?
What would you have me say, and to whom?
I then proceed accordingly.

If disturbance arises

If disturbance arises, it means I have loaded the ego app, asked it a question ('How do I view this situation? What should I do?'), and as a result lost my peace. Furthermore, going to God in this condition makes things worse, as the answer will conflict with the ego's answer, which I have already accepted.

I therefore say to the ego: 'I reject your answer. I withdraw the question I asked you.'

This winds me back to the starting point, and I can enact the basic procedure.

If resistance arises

Sometimes, when I reject the ego's answer and withdraw my question, I feel resistance, because I have already allied myself with it.

The corrective procedure:

At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now

This requires me to look at how I feel, ask myself whether I like it, and recognise that, if I feel bad, I must have asked the wrong guide.

And so I hope I have been wrong

How I feel comes from how I look at things, which depends on the guide I have chosen. This step recognises that how I feel is caused by something, namely my decision.

I want another way to look at this

This is entailed by the previous two points: if I don't like how I feel, and it's because I'm looking at things wrong, I will want to look at things right, in order to feel better.

Perhaps there is another way to look at this. What can I lose by asking?

This point is already entailed by the other points. If I'm looking at things wrong, there ought to be a right way of looking at things. If I feel bad anyway, nothing can be lost by asking.

I am now free to ask God for direction, because I have dropped my allegiance to the ego and aligned myself with God. I can safely ask for direction without resistance.