Quivering with fear

Quivering with fear is dull and tiring.

Page 68 suggests that we ask God to remove the fear and turn our attention to what God would have us be.

Nature abhors a vacuum, as physicists say, and unless I replace the fear with something else, the fear will snap back into place.

The removal of fear is not about saying, 'God will stop bad things from happening!' or even 'God will help me bear the horrible suffering that might befall me!' It is about saying, 'Challenging situations may well arise, but I'm going to treat them as fascinating and interesting projects, and God will enable me to rise to the challenges and master them with poise, grace, and energy and with sensational results.'

It's no good sighing at the bad things of the world or my life. Whilst I see those things as bad, the fear won't go. There's no such thing as a bad thing: everything is a great opportunity to practise this programme and infuse the world with joy.