AA Tools - How to make an everyday decision

Making a decision means seeking God's will

This means
  • Maximising my usefulness
  • Maximising everyone's welfare
  • Minimising harm
First:
  • What is my objective?
  • Is this the right objective?
  • Are there other objectives I should pursue instead?
  • How do these fit with spiritual principles?
Once I know the objective, I need to work out how to achieve it.
The course of action should be effective, efficient, and harmonious.

Second:
  • What are the options?
  • What are pros and cons of each?
  • Can the pros be achieved some other way?
  • Can the cons be avoided or reduced in some way?
  • How do these fit with spiritual principles?
Think through
Pray
Meditate

When you want to consult someone:
  • Set out the situation as you see it
  • Set out the options
  • Set out why you're unclear what the best option is