Tips

Have a plan for the day.
Stick to the plan for the day.
Duty first, pleasure later.
Do step work first thing.
If I can do something today, do it today.
Do my best not the bare minimum.
Reboot periodically.
Use pages 84–88 of the Big Book constantly.

Find a sponsor who is trustworthy.
Trust them.
Adopt the ideas they suggest.
Take the action they suggest.
Comply first.
Ask questions later.

Stay in close contact with sane people.
Keep no secrets.

Sleep plenty.
Exercise daily
Eat moderately.

Learn set prayers.
Say them.
Pray spontaneously.
Meditate.
Be in sound.
Be in nature.

Don’t fix on devices.
Beware media and social media.

I am responsible for this moment.
I am responsible for my beliefs.
I am not responsible for what I think of.
I am responsible for what I think about.
I am responsible for my actions.
God is responsible for the outcomes.
God is responsible for my life.
God is responsible for everyone else.
God is responsible for everything else.

Remember I am very small.
Remember God is very big.

To solve a problem: stick to the facts, isolate options, pick the best one.
Problem-solving sources: common sense, counsel, prayer.
When disturbed: return to God; do something useful.
When seriously disturbed: talk to someone, too.
Pay attention.
Disregard most things.
Change a little.

Aim to please God not self or others.

Keep my sails out of other people's wind.
Keep my wind out of other people's sails.
Mind my own business.
Keep my mouth largely shut.

Be cheerful.
Be kind.
Be brief.
Be constructive.
Do not argue.
Do not whine.
Apologise straight away.
Justify only if asked.
Explain only if asked.
Defend only if necessary.
Don't scheme.
Don't manipulate.
It’s OK to ask people to (not) do things
It’s OK for them to say ‘no’.
It’s OK to say ‘no’.
Don’t react.
Pause.
Respond.
Forgive everyone now.
Accept reality or at least resist it less.