Step Two Proposition Exercise

'When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is, or He isn’t. What was our choice to be?' (Big Book, page 53)

If I am upset in some area of my life, I have not turned it over, because I believe God is not everything, so I have grown to fill the space He has left. This needs to be reversed. If you are struggling to fill out the column 'What God would have me be, think, or do,' ask someone with more experience in the programme.

Fill out the table as in the example:
Area I haven't turned over
Fear of
What God would have me be, think, or do
In a phrase or two
Example: The state of the human world / the state of the natural environment
Example: Loss of freedom
Poverty
Physical threat
Destruction of habitat
Unrest
Alteration in how people live
Extinction
Example: Trust humanity
Trust God
Remember I am spirit so cannot be harmed
Vote for the right party
Contribute to charities and think-tanks
Be rational and moderate
Do not think about matters that do not concern me today
Do God's will in the world
Leave others to do theirs
Example: Let go
Do my part