’Affects my’—simple version

We asked ourselves why we were angry. In most cases it was found that our self-esteem, our pocketbooks, our ambitions, our personal relationships (including sex) were hurt or threatened. … (64:3)
On our grudge list we set opposite each name our injuries. Was it our self-esteem, our security, our ambitions, our personal, or sex relations, which had been interfered with? (65:1)
pride [in the worked example]

If I have a resentment, I haven’t got my own way. Which area is affected?

Scripts
If I don’t think others are treating me right, my personal relations are affected.
If I’m not getting my own way sexually, my sexual relations are affected.
Outcomes
If my needs are threatened, my security is affected.
If my income or property are threatened, my pocketbooks are affected.
If I have a plan that has not come off, my ambitions are affected.
Image
If I’m bothered by what others think about me, my pride is affected.
If I feel ashamed or inadequate, my self-esteem is affected.

The instruction
On each piece of paper, which has the name and the resentment(s) at the top, write down which of these ‘areas of self’ are affected (personal relations, sexual relations, security, pocketbooks, ambitions, pride, self-esteem) in that relationship.

Realise I’m not resentful because of them, I’m resentful because I have a plan, in other words I am playing God. To be happy I have to drop my plans and serve God.