The way out

If I'm upset it's because I think I need to get my own way to be OK.

No upset comes from outside of me: all upset comes from comparing my interpretation with my plan.

This cannot be dislodged until I recognise its insanity.

Step Two is viable only if I admit I am wholly wrong.

So everything is really a Step One issue.

To undo upset:


Recognise: if I'm unhappy I did it to myself.

I did it to myself by choosing my interpretation of the situation and comparing it to my plan.

I devised both by asking myself (the ego) questions: How do I see this? What do I want?

I must de-ask the questions. If the questions are de-asked, the false answers are dissolved.

Having de-asked the question I step back from the self (the ego) and say:

'Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.'

Then: 


'Spirit is in a state of grace forever. My reality is only spirit. Therefore I am in a state of grace forever.'

Then:


'I must have decided wrongly, because I am not at peace. I made the decision myself, but I can also decide otherwise. I want to decide otherwise, because I want to be at peace. I do not feel guilty, because the Holy Spirit will undo all the consequences of my wrong decision if I will let Him. I choose to let Him, by allowing Him to decide for God for me.'

Then:


'What would You have me do? Where would You have me go? What would You have me say, and to whom?'

And then go about God's business.