Responsibility

The four errors of the codependent and the associated behaviours and mental states. A summary:

I’m responsible for you: control and guilt

I’m not responsible for me: self-neglect and self-justification

You’re not responsible for you: caretaking and exoneration

You are responsible for me: rescuer-seeking and blame


Questions:

Give three examples of each:

Where do I (attempt to) control others inappropriately?
Where do I feel guilty for others' thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions?
Where do I fail to take care of myself?
Where do I fail to take responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions?
Where do I take care (inappropriately) of others?
Where do I fail to recognise other's responsibility for their thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions?
Where do I (try to) get others to take care of me?
Where do I blame others for my thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions?