Condemnation

When I believe that anyone is bad, rather than a perfect child of God (who might conceivably be ill or asleep right now), that is a poison that infiltrates every part of my being. That is why I need 100% forgiveness in my heart, which means 100% withdrawal of judgement in my heart, and the dropping of all stories, speculations, interpretations, and narratives. None are real. What is? Some people are going through a tough time. That is why they do what they do. What is required of me is pity, patience, tolerance, and love, and the recognition that they are me and I am them. Whatever I'm judging: that's me. When I see darkness in others, that itself is a dark thought. I am literally creating in me the thing that I think I see in them. Whether or not that thing is in them, it is certain that thing is in me. The condemnation of darkness in others is itself the darkness, albeit cloaked in a white robe of self-righteousness.

So, how am I supposed to respond? I am called upon only to respond to situations as an intelligent agent of God, not to judge or condemn.

Concealed contempt, hatred, condemnation, or dismissiveness of others will be broadcast loud and clear, others will react to it, and then I feel a victim of those reactions. 'But I'm so nice: all I wanted to do was the right thing!' has been my refrain on occasion. This further bolstered my self-righteousness and further distanced me from others. It becomes a self-compounding cycle. This reaction of others, I supposed, proved I was right and they were wrong.

The same applies to my own condemnation of myself. What is required is waking up, not shaking up. I'm not bad for having judged: I was just asleep, just like the people I was condemning. Wake up: there is literally nothing wrong. That’s why I say to myself. And in the moment that I say it: it becomes true.