Children of a Living Creator

Page 28 of the book Alcoholics Anonymous:

'If what we have learned and felt and seen
means anything at all, it means that all of us, whatever
our race, creed, or color are the children of a living
Creator with whom we may form a relationship upon
simple and understandable terms as soon as we are
willing and honest enough to try.'


  • I did not create myself: I was created.
  • If I was created, there is a Creator.
  • As a child of God, I am made of the same substance.
  • That means, since God is not a body, I am not a body.
  • If I did not create myself and I am not a body, then my identity and worth do not flow from any 'personal characteristics' of mine.
  • To the extent that I have qualities, these were bestowed on me, so I cannot take credit for them.
  • My identity consists solely in being a spirit, a child of God.
  • My body is merely a communication device; my life circumstances are merely a context.
  • My worth is infinite because I exist.
  • Any assertion that I am not of infinite worth (or that someone else is not of infinite worth) is predicated on three false assumptions: (a) people have different worths (which they do not) (b) the universe has given me the role of judging those worths (which it has not) (c) I have special knowledge, experience, skills, and experience enabling me to perform that judgement (which I do not).
  • Low self-worth is therefore an error.
  • Contempt for others is therefore an error.
  • All others are my brothers and sisters, appearances notwithstanding.
  • They are made of the same substance as me (spirit).
  • A relationship with the Creator is possible.
  • That relationship requires willingness and honesty.
  • Honesty means a recognition of all of the above.
  • Willingness manifests as a concerted effort to establish a relationship with the Creator by seeking the Creator's will at all times and in all things.

LESSON 275.
God's healing Voice protects all things today.
W-pII.275.1. Let us today attend the Voice for God, which speaks an ancient lesson, no more true today than any other day. 2 Yet has this day been chosen as the time when we will seek and hear and learn and understand. 3 Join me in hearing. 4 For the Voice for God tells us of things we cannot understand alone, nor learn apart. 5 It is in this that all things are protected. 6 And in this the healing of the Voice for God is found.
W-pII.275.2. Your healing Voice protects all things today, and so I leave all things to You. 2 I need be anxious over nothing. 3 For Your Voice will tell me what to do and where to go; to whom to speak and what to say to him, what thoughts to think, what words to give the world. 4 The safety that I bring is given me. 5 Father, Your Voice protects all things through me.