Concept VI

Concept VI says that the chief initiative and active responsibility for world service matters lie with the General Service Board.

In life, whatever God delegates to me, acting through others, becomes my task under delegated authority. That means I must take chief initiative and active responsibility, but the outcome and the ultimate responsibility lie with God, acting through others.

That also means I need never be stressed about anything. My job is to take the initiative (considering the matter from all angles, spotting opportunities and threats, and using my intelligence proactively to determine the right action to take under God's guidance) and to take active responsibility, which means acting promptly, energetically, intelligently, diligently, carefully, and prudently. My contribution is reasoned and deliberate. The direction and strength to do this come from God.

I then deliver the work to God, who takes care of the outcome.