Open-mindedness

To get well I have had to be open-minded. This means accepting that when I am unhappy I am misperceiving. I then find someone whose perception I trust. I trust their perception because they are happy and effective in negotiating life and are useful to many people. If something works, it is being operated in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions; if someone's life works, that means that their perceptions are correct.

How to proceed

1. Discover you are unhappy.
2. Conclude your mind is broken.
3. Find someone whose mind is whole.
4. Ask them for the correct perception.
5. Adopt that perception.
6. Dismiss any counterargument, evidence to the contrary etc. ...
7. ... because this is emanating from the broken mind.
8. Let time, God, and experience heal the broken mind.
9. Discover that the counterarguments, evidence to the contrary etc. have disappeared.

How not to proceed

1. Discover you are unhappy.
2. Conclude your mind is broken.
3. Find someone whose mind is whole.
4. Ask them for the correct perception.
5. Argue with it and refuse to accept it.
6. Remain unhappy.