A few simple ideas



Whatever our protestations, are not most of us concerned with ourselves, our resentments, or our self-pity? (Page 61)

If I’m having a drama, I created it. I may not have created the situation, but I have created the drama surrounding it.

Nothing outside my action is my business except if it provides information required to transact my business (Tradition X).

Keep your sails out of other people’s wind.

Let it begin with me. (Al-Anon)

The devil resides in negative thinking: do not believe the negative thoughts; they are literally the devil’s work. If you hate evil, fine: but start by rooting out the evil within your own thinking.

‘Do not dread your whole life. Dread one day at a time.’ (Tom W)

‘Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?’ (Matthew 6:27)

‘Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.’ (Matthew 6: 34)

We try not to indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations, nor do we carry the world’s troubles on our shoulders. (Page 132)

You cannot prepare in advance for difficult times by preparing yourself for specific events, since God gives you direction and strength only when the event itself occurs. You can prepare only for stability regardless of what happens.

God is always active, so no evil can ever triumph permanently, because its power base is faulty: it must always, ultimately, fail.

There is enough goodness in everyone to solve all the world’s problems in an instant. It need only be activated.

What would God would have me? Useful cheerful, and kind, regardless of what anyone says or does.

Make yourself available to the material: this means you allow God to work through you in whatever circumstance you find yourself in.


God gives me courage a day at a time, not enough courage to last a lifetime.